Thursday, May 7, 2009

Brace Face

It's no secret that Brad is a fantastic Dad. He plays games, coaches teams, fixes owies (especially the big ones!), tells jokes, helps with math...the list could go on and on. But today he did something that I feel goes above and beyond. Haley has been nervous for months about getting braces so Brad decided to help her feel more comfortable by getting them too!

Okay, in reality, our Orthodontist is living large off the Nielson kids, so offered to give Brad braces for free! Can't pass up free! His offer came right as Haley was due for her braces so he had Haley and Brad schedule a double appointment. This morning they sat side-by-side and got braces at the same time!

This picture of Brad is for Amber. Call it karma.

And here they are after their appointment:

BRING ON THE SOFT FOODS!

6 comments:

amber said...

what a great dad! and haley, those braces look just great. :)

Chelsea said...

Sweet! Savannah is going to need them and I plan on getting them as well. It could be a family home evening event:)

Kristen said...

Way to go, Brad! I wonder who will be the first to break a bracket or lose his/her retainer.

Carlo said...

I will have to show this to Halle - she is just starting the long journey of braces this month as well. Nice to know she and Haley will still look like twins! :)

Rita said...

Yay, Brad! My braces are certainly not my favorite thing but they ended up being free too!! SUPPOSEDLY, it will all be worth it. Good luck to both of your medal mouths.

LordStanley said...

Braces?
Isn't Brad closer (in age) to getting dentures?
(oh, was that my "outside voice"?)
I guess I shouldn't talk ... since I am a few months older (than Brad).
sorry.