Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers' Day

Had a great Mothers' Day and felt spoiled and pampered all day long! One of my favorite things about Mothers' Day at this stage of life is the cute kid-made gifts and sentiments. I love the way kids express themselves and the cute things they have to say about their moms. Our ward often does a little mommy questionnaire for the Primary kids to fill out and then they put the highlights in the Sacrament Bulletin on Mothers' Day. This tradition had a hiatus a few years back after the Primary did it on Fathers' Day as well and one little boy said his Dad's favorite tv show was Baywatch...didn't see the Mothers'/Fathers' Day questionnaires for a couple of years after that.

Here are the Nielson kids' questionnaires from yesterday:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DINNER YOUR MOM MAKES?
Alyssa: Meatballs
Danny: "Spgede" (spaghetti...same meal as Alyssa's, actually)
Jacob: Pizza

IF YOUR MOM HAD A FREE AFTERNOON, WHAT WOULD SHE DO?
Alyssa: Sleep
Danny: "Klean"
Jacob: Take a walk

WHAT IS YOUR MOM'S FAVORITE TREAT?
Alyssa: Cheesecake
Danny: Carrots
Jacob: Lollipops

WHAT'S SOMETHING YOUR MOM ALWAYS SAYS?
Alyssa: Rather safe than sorry!
Danny: Daniel, stop doing that!
Jacob: Put your PJs on.

WHAT MAKES YOUR MOM SMILE?
Alyssa: My Dad telling jokes.
Danny: When I listen, as rare as it is!
Jacob: When I look at her.

Cute, huh? Well...I'm going to go 'klean' and then treat myself to a big bowl of carrots. Rather safe than sorry, you know!

7 comments:

Lee said...

Danny knows too much.

Misty said...

Paige said that "My mom always puts me to sleep at the right time so I can wake up with perfect timing." It's a talent I have ... making sure my kids go to bed so I can have 'me' time. :)

Erin Blake said...

Sydney said, If your mom could, she would.... "go on 5 vacations a year."

What does your mom always say, "I love this!"

Those are the best!

Kristen said...

YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOM! Your kids are so lucky to have you.

I always cry when I get sentimental gifts from my kids. They wait in anticipation for the tears to flow. Then, when they see the moisture rolling down my cheeks, they enthusiastically yell, "YES!" To them, it means their gift was a success. I'm a sucker for kids gifts.

Kadie said...

Amy thanks for commenting on my blog so much. :) I just caught up on yours and so some of these comments are old, but oh well. I loved the story about your sister's wedding and I have to agree with everyone in the whole wide world that everything was gorgeous. I also think it's amazing that Brad would go through braces to support his daughter. I had those for 1 1/2 years and that was considered a short amount of time! YUCK! I'm so glad those days are over! How long does Brad have to have them?

Amy and Brad said...

To all those I accidentally misled: Brad didn't get braces to help Haley feel more comfortable! That was me trying (and failing) to be funny.

Our orthodontist offered him free braces and it just so happened that this offer came right as Haley was scheduled to get her braces, thus the tandem appointment.

Rita said...

So darling. The sign that you are a great mom is the candid answers to the fill-in questions. Way cute. I especially liked Danny's "Daniel..." phrase. Ha ha.
Also extra cute was that Alyssa said that Brad's jokes make you smile. You're a great wife too!!