Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Dance

Amber attended her first dance a couple of weeks ago, while at an overnight stake youth conference. She had a blast!

It was definitely one of those times that I wished I could be a fly on the wall, but I was lucky enough to have a couple of informants present - my friend, Cookie, and my husband, Brad. I thought for sure I'd have to rely fully on Cookie for the details, but have to admit that I entirely underestimated my husband! Brad, much to Amber's great chagrin, came home able to recount exactly who she danced with throughout the night AND, get this, he even took pictures of her dancing! They are small, blurry and dark pictures, but pictures all the same! He tried to be sneaky, but she eventually caught him and gave him a "WHAT THE HECK!" look (captured below).
Realizing he was busted, Brad started to take some random pictures of other kids to try and make Amber feel less singled out. My impression was, however, that taking pictures of other kids probably only added to the creepy factor! I can hear it now, "Who is that 38-year-old man taking pictures of all the kids on the dance floor?" Oh well. He did his best and at the end of the day I HAVE PICTURES OF AMBER'S FIRST SLOW DANCE! How awesome is that?!

Yes, she was about a foot taller than one of the boys who asked her to dance :)

5 comments:

lisa said...

Oh my gosh! On behalf of Amber, I am mortified that he took pictures of her dancing! I would have died.

Amy and Brad said...

We're horrible. I know. And Amber is such a good sport! She even approved this blog post!

Kelly said...

So I left one thing out of my last post about chaperoning Connor's dance last Friday. After we decided to give him a break and left early, he managed to get his first KISS!

Jim said...

Great job Brad with the pictures at the dance. You make all fathers proud.

Rita said...

Lisa is mortified on behalf of Amber but I am exuberantly supporting the parents on this one! Way to go, Bradley!
I hope Amber had fun too.