Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cute Kid Comment

Is it sacrilegious to quote someone's prayer word for word on our blog? Hope not, 'cause I'm about to do it!

Jacob has finally started saying his very own prayers at night (he had been requesting our help until just recently.) Last night he told me that he would once again be doing it on his own so we knelt down and he said:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please bless Lyssie to get baptized again
(he LOVED her baptism)
Please bless Jacob not to be afraid of the Holy Ghost (it's the 'ghost' part.)
Please bless Spider Man to be real.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


I think I deserve some sort of Mom Award for not laughing out loud. I just smiled and told him, "Nice prayer, Jacob...good job!"

8 comments:

Misty said...

Who doesn't wish Spider Man was real? That's awesome.

Lee said...

Awe
some.

You should have him start praying that our wedding will be great.

Kristen said...

I think the thought of a Holy GHOST is kinda scary for most young kids. I know I had to do a lot of explaining with my kids about that topic. What a sweet, sincere, age appropriate prayer. You're a better mom than I am if you didn't laugh.

Drive safely this week!

amber said...

that is so cute :)

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

That is SO cute! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Rita said...

Cutest thing ever. What a honey!

Anonymous said...

adorable. i LOVE kids prayers! my kids always pray for me not to feel lonely all day while they're at school. it must work because i never am! :)

Jamie and Mike said...

I love this..it serioulsy made me laugh.....this is just what we're going through with Carly. She LOVES to pray and it always makes me smile. I'd love to hear her prayer in Sunbeams!