Sunday, January 25, 2009

Alyssa's Baptism


Alyssa got baptized this weekend! It was a great day, complete with family, friends and cookies (always a great combination!)

Special memories of the day will include the very strong Spirit felt, fantastic talks given by grandparents, lots of family involvement and friends who braved snowy conditions to attend. Alyssa has been so excited for this day and really seemed to understand the covenants she was making and the blessings to be received by keeping those covenants. I'm sure it was a day she'll remember all her life.

Many thanks to Nana Barb and Papa Brent who came all the way from Canada and to Nana Jo and Papa Jim who drove over in an ice storm and home in a snow storm!

Here are a few pictures of her special day:



12 comments:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Congratulations Alyssa! That is such an exciting time. I am glad you were able to enjoy it with family and friends!

Kristen said...

What a sweet family. You guys are awesome! Congrats Alyssa!

Jeff had fun seeing the picture with Brad's parents.

amber said...

What a fun day! :)

Misty said...

Congrats Alyssa! And I love, love your family picture, Ame. Handsome family.

Linda said...

Alyssa--you look beautiful. It was so fun to see pictures of everything. It is the next best thing to being there.
Hugs from Canada--Aunt Linda and Uncle Tim

Jana said...

Congratulations Alyssa! You look like a beautiful angel in your white dress. What a special day for you and your family! That's so awesome you had both sets of Grandparents there and your whole family to support you! Keep on choosing the right!

Sarah W. said...

Congratulations Alyssa! Always remember how much Heavenly Father loves you and He is so very proud of you!

Lee said...

Jim and Joanne made another trip in bad weather? Man, they're becoming quite the troopers.

Jim said...

Alyssa's baptism was a wonderful experience. Lee, this trip was not anything like the trip you took with us. I could see the road this time and didn't run any other vehicles off the highway...that I know of.

McBairdFamily said...

I can't believe it was eight years ago that Alyssa was born. I can remember the day she was born and coming to see you guys at the hospital. Do you remember your visitor when you were in labor? When I first saw her I remember thinking how pink and perfect she was and that I thought she looked like Brad. I have many memories of Alyssa as a baby and January 5 never rolls by that I don't think to myself - Todays Alyssa Nielson's birthday! Congratulations on her big day!

Rita said...

How lovely. Congratulations to your Lovely Little Lyssie. I remember you describing her as an old soul. I guess her attitude toward her important day evidences this further. I'm glad it was such a touching experience...too bad SpiderMan couldn't be there.

Beagleys said...

Oh Lyssie looks so beautiful! Wish we could have been there!!! Love you guys!