Monday, March 22, 2010

More B-Day Fun...

...because you can never have too many pictures of yourself in a giant sombrero.

Though my b-day was last Tuesday, Brad and I had planned to go out to dinner to celebrate on Friday (we do this often when one of us has a b-day on a week night.) So it didn't come as a surprise to me when he said he'd made plans for us to meet the Humphreys (Shelley, Brad's sister, and Jerry, her hubby) for dinner Friday night. What did surprise me, however, were the 30+ friends waiting at my favorite Mexican restaurant! How Brad pulled this off without my getting wind of it is beyond me! It was definitely a SURPRISE party! And the biggest surprise of all might have been the sweet toast he stood up and made to me. For someone who doesn't love "mushy stuff" that was pretty impressive!

SUCH a fun night! SUCH a great husband. I love you, Bradley Kyle.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Great husband. Great birthday girl. Great Mexican restaurant.

Nana Jo said...

The sombrero is a great touch. Sort of like a 'Red Plate' only for grown-ups!

Rita said...

I reeeeeallllly want a copy of that tribute...or at least a short summary. What a great and well-deserved present and surprise. I am extra glad you had such a good birthday.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
40 hugs and kisses to you for your 40th birthday. I adore you.

Kristen said...

You are my favorite sombrero wearing gringo of all time. Glad you had double the birthday fun - way to go Brad!

Misty said...

Nice invite, Bradley Kyle. I woulda made a surprise visit for that momentous occasion. You'll have to make it up to Amy and me by sending on a girls' trip.