Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!

Our little Lyssie turned NINE years old on the 5th! I know I write this in every single birthday post, but I cannot believe how quickly they are growing up and how fast the time goes! Alyssa's last year in the single-digits...WOW!

We had a nice little family party for her on the actual birthday and then she had a friends party (we do those every other year at the Nielson's) on Saturday. She decided on a Manicure/Pedicure themed birthday party, so I "hired" the two best manicurists in my price range (Amber and Haley), bought some extra fun polish, nail stickers and jewels and we were ready! The only tricky part for me was that she wanted a "nail polish bottle" birthday cake. I wasn't quite sure how to go about that, but found a couple of good ideas online (what did we do before the internet?!)

Alyssa was delighted with her party and had a great time!









***HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALYSSA! WE LOVE YOU!***

4 comments:

Nana Jo said...

Happy birthday Lyssie, and what a GREAT idea for a birthday party! Love Nana Jo

Kristen said...

Look at that darling cake! What a fun party!

Rita said...

What a great little party! The cake turned out perfectly. Did you have to get special food coloring to make black frosting?
Way fun.

Kelly said...

Love it! We've had a manicure b-day party, too, and it was such a hit.