Friday, January 22, 2010

80's Day!

Today Alyssa's class is having an 80's day to kick off learning (and I quote) "Old fashioned math where you, like, carry numbers and stuff." All the kids are supposed to come dressed like the 80's. Here's what we ended up with...


I was a little frustrated that I couldn't make her bangs BIGGER. How did we used to do that?! I tried everything I could remember - tons of hairspray, ratting it, applying heat at the base of the bangs with a curling iron...and that was as big as I could get them to go. Bummer.

Notice the leg warmers and vans. Nice. Too bad we didn't have any stirrup pants and/or jelly shoes.

5 comments:

lisa said...

Wait. They don't carry numbers anymore?

Amy and Brad said...

From my brother, Scott:

"Dippity Do and Mousse? I wish I could have sent her a brick sized Sony Walkman (with a B-52's cassette inside)."

Misty said...

Oh, Lisa, you just wait. There's new ways to do math and they expect us 80's children to know it! Seriously. :)

Chelsea said...

I remember the double layer socks of two different colors with the stirrup pants. Awesome! For me, I had major permed hair with even more spectacular volume to go along with it.

The Bullknitter said...

I personally could live the rest of my life without bangs, but I miss legwarmers...