Monday, April 28, 2008

The Fancy Car








My parents came for a visit this weekend, which is always a fun thing for us. This time they came over in their new car, a cute little Mazda Miata that the kids have been referring to as "The Fancy Car". Nana and Papa were nice enough to give them each a ride - even the little boys with their booster seats. Papa said that he felt like Danny was 15 instead of 5 as they drove off and he exclaimed, "This is sweet!"

Nana took Haley on her ride and while they were stopped at a red light the guy in the next lane leaned out his window and said, "You chicks have a cool car!" Haley was red in the face just repeating that story...but she recovered quickly because within a half hour she was begging Papa to drive her past her friends' houses and honk the horn (don't worry, he didn't).

Fun visit - thanks for coming, Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Jim said...

There are no comments on this blog post but I am sure many people are in awe of this cute little Miata. It was inexpensive, gets outstanding gas mileage, was top-rated by Consumers Report, fits in small parking spots, is fun to drive, and I am hoping Joanne will allow me to drive it sometime. She allowed me to sit in it for this picture which I appreciate.

lisa said...

I like it! Looks like fun too. Too bad I wasn't there to get a ride in it.