Friday, April 4, 2008

"Cool Mom" Status


Our girls are pretty much loving me right now.

I've been planning to take the kids to Utah to visit family this summer. Haley is registered for a BYU basketball camp in early July so we're going to drive down and visit cousins, aunts/uncles, great-grandma...etc. When we heard that Hannah Montana was one of this year's Stadium of Fire entertainers Brad and I thought it'd be fun to try and get tickets for the girls and I to go. They were expected to go quickly though, so I wasn't sure we'd be able to pull it off.

Now, I'm not a woman of many notable talents. My Mom even used to make up talents to attribute to me since I had no blue ribbons and/or trophies like my brother, Scott ("making friends" was my most famous made-up talent) But today some of the few talents I do have finally paid off!

1) I'm good with the internet

2) I'm a fast typist (84 wpm, thank you very much)

3) I am a gifted online shopper.

Mix those skills together and you get STADIUM OF FIRE TICKETS FOR FOUR! The girls were jumping up and down (okay, not Amber, she's more excited to see The Blue Man Group, who will also be performing) So...I'll enjoy my cool mom status while it lasts. It's a fragile thing...could be gone by dinnertime. Now I just need to use my widely heralded friend-making abilities to try and procure a babysitter for the boys in the greater Provo area for the night of July 4th!

10 comments:

Chelsea said...

Way to go Amy!!! As for babysitters...call Jennifer. She has the best group of girls she uses for her kids. Have fun at the show.

Misty said...

Oh man, you are a way nicer mom than me. I considered trying for tickets and then decided this would be a good lesson for the girls in disappointment. :) Blue Man Group made it tempting, though....

Nana Jo said...

For the record, I wasn't making it up--you are good at making friends! :-) xox, your mother

Jamie and Mike said...

You are going to have such a great time! You are defnitely a "Rock Star" Mom! ...and I agree with your Mom...you are good at making friends...and so much more!

lisa said...

wait, i thought MY talent was that I'm good at making friends. Now it just sounds generic.

Jim said...

Strange. Mom told me my special talent was making friends too.

Jim said...

P.S. Lisa, I seem to recall that Mom told you that you have a smile that "lights up the world".

itsajelly said...

Jim, when to mention Lisa's "smile that lights up the world," are you sure you're not confusing that with Scott who's "gas could empty a room"? Just checking, I know things start to run together after awhile.

Jim said...

Brad, that could indeed be what I was recalling. At my age, one never really knows.

Kadie said...

Amy that is so awesome! I heard the tickets were gone in less than an hour. Even my husband Ryan thought that concert would be cool to go to. So I'm sure you scored big with your girls!