Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Message Of Hope

Yesterday was my 40th birthday and, while I haven't had any huge anxieties over turning 40, I definitely didn't expect to get through the entire day without cringing a little. To those of you for whom 40 is around the corner (and you know who you are!), I thought I'd better go public with the fact that my 40th b-day was one of my best ever! It's not so bad and even pretty fun!

I woke up in the morning and the house looked like the birthday fairy had paid a visit...or, more realistically, the birthday fairy AND the grim reaper!



There was even a yard sign on the front lawn to alert the neighbors and random passerby of my advancing age.


I spent the day with friends and family, didn't lift a finger, ate out every meal, was spoiled with gifts, flowers, cards, chocolates, calls from old friends and just generally soaked it all up and loved every minute of it! So if 40 is in your immediate future - do not despair! In my opinion, 40 IS FABULOUS!*


*Author is not objective and her mind, and therefore opinions, may have been adversely effected by the aging process.

4 comments:

darce said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! I can't believe that we're that old! Glad you had a fabulous day.:)

Misty said...

Love it! Wish we could celebrate together. How about for my 40th???

Amy and Brad said...

It's a date, Mist!

Kristen said...

Glad to know that 40 won't be TOO painful when I have to experience it for myself in about 10 years. :D Happy you had a great day!