Friday, May 29, 2009

Cute Kid Comment

Lyssie has said a couple of things in the last week that have made me laugh out loud! She has such a vocabulary for an 8-year-old. Those who know her well and have heard her in action will find these "Lyssie-isms" funny :)

The other day I forgot it was "early release" from school and that the elementary school kids were getting home an hour early (feel free to nominate me as Mother of the Year!) I pulled into our neighborhood just as the school bus was leaving and realized that Alyssa and Danny had probably been dropped off at least 5 minutes before that (the bus's first stop.) They were waiting by the front door, relieved to see me and came running to tell me all about their efforts to get inside the locked house after the bus had dropped them off. They had tried every window and door they could reach, all while our dog, Mabel, barked at them from inside, anxious to have them come in. When they ran around back to try the sliding glass door and found the stick securely in place (I'm paranoid - always have been) Mabel was barking through the glass at them. Wishing Mabel could somehow help get the stick out of the door Alyssa said, "Dang! I wish Mabel had opposable thumbs!"

Over the weekend, while we were fishing, Alyssa saw a creepy-crawly on my shirt and with alarm said, "Mom! There's a spider on you!" I'm not much for spiders and jumped up quick and yelled, "A spider?!" Then Lyssie shrugged and said, "Well, some sort of arachnid."

3 comments:

Rita said...

Brainy Lyssie! Too cute.

Beagleys said...

Oh my goodness! ha ha too funny... the bug incident reminds me of a little amber :)

Jamie and Mike said...

This is so hilarious! Where do they get these things. Love all the great pictures!