Friday, April 3, 2009

Locks of Love

Just wanted to post a picture of Alyssa's cute new do! She has been growing her hair out for months and months in order to donate it to Locks of Love. It took a lot of patience on her part, but she finally got the necessary 10 inches and had it long enough to donate. Turns out, cutting it all off at that point was a little scary! She waited and waited, built up her courage and last weekend was able to overcome her fears. She had 11+ inches cut off and donated it to children suffering from long term medical hair loss. We are proud of her and know that her donation will make some little girl very happy.

Here she is on the way home from the hair salon!

6 comments:

Jana said...

Alyssa, what a sweet and selfless girl you are! I'm sure your hair will be a blessing to another little girl somewhere. And your new hairdo is way cute! Good for you!!

lisa said...

I love it! Good job Lyssie. I have wanted to do that for a long time, but I always give up before my hair is long enough. And I think I'd chicken out about cutting it off. I'm impressed!

Kristen said...

Way to go! That's such a brave thing to do. Some girl will be lucky to get your beautiful hair...then she'll have beautiful hair too!

Rita said...

Yay, Lyssie!! It takes guts to do that, huh?! Good job and you look absolutely DARLING with it so short. Don't you think your dad should shave his head for some cause?...Even if the cause is "making the neighbors laugh really hard". Come on, I bet you could get him to do it.

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Awww... That is awesome. Way to go Alyssa! That is really cool that you were able to do that. It really does take someone special and I just know that the girl that gets it all is going to be so happy! What a great way to bless someone elses life, especially during this Easter season.

Beagleys said...

Oh how awesome! Lyssie! Your awesome! We love you!