Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Parent Teacher Conferences

This week is parent/teacher conferences in our school district and last night Brad and I went to both Alyssa's and Danny's conferences. It's always interesting to hear how the kids are doing from their teachers' perspectives...even when there are "issues"! But thankfully, last night there were no major issues reported and both kids are doing well (Danny needs to keep his hands to himself at recess and stop tackling...but considering it's Danny, we were pretty pleased that that was the only problem!) What was definitely 'blog worthy', however, was a spelling test Danny recently took with his kindergarten class. I wish I had a scanner so I could just post the actual test, but typing out his answers will have to suffice:


1. Hot

2. Big

3. Mat

4. Not

5. Wii

6. Like


So, obviously (since this wasn't a quiz on how to spell various Nintendo gaming systems) #5 was marked incorrect and his teacher had written, "We!" next to his answer! I think he should have gotten extra points for making her laugh so hard, though!

11 comments:

Lee said...

I used to pull that stuff sometimes. Teachers never got it, though. In 9th grade, the teacher would tell us the definition of a spelling word and we would have to write it, with the disclaimer that we did not have to spell it right. I never knew the words and their definitions yet, so I thought I was clever to write a bunch of letters and when it was marked wrong say, "That's how I spell it." I did this for probably an entire quarter before I gave up. My point could not be proven. The teacher didn't think it was funny nor did any of my classmates.

I don't think I even expected points for those words, I just wanted someone to say, "You have a point there."

Lee said...

So, yeah, Danny is my kindred spirit.

Kristen said...

Way to go Danny! I would have given you extra credit for being so stinkin' cute!

Thanks for sharing. Kids are the greatest!

Chelsea said...

Hilarious!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

That is pretty funny. You must have one of those at your house. I definitely would have given him some extra credit for that one even though it was wrong!

Rita said...

So cute. When Todd was in 1st grade, he was working on not choking at recess so tackling doesn't sound so bad to me. Danny could at least blame that on a football game...not really sure what sport includes fingers tightly squeezing your opponent's neck.

Chelsea said...

In thinking about his spelling choice...was it really wrong? Did the teacher specify which spelling she was after? His spelling was correct...as far as gaming consoles go.

Amy and Brad said...

Good point, Chels. If she didn't use it in a sentence, we may have grounds to contest this.

Jamie and Mike said...

That is so funny!

Kadie said...

So I know this will sound so random, but I just caught up on your blog: you look so great Amy! You don't look any older than when you were my Mia Maid leader 8 years ago! Love ya and I love your stories!

Beagleys said...

Ha ha that is so funny! That seems like something Tyler would do! ha ha How funny!