Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jacob's New Friend

Jacob found a praying mantis in his sandbox the other day. Lucky for him Brad happened to be home for lunch at the time so he had a parent who was willing to introduce him to it.

A bit reluctant at first, Jacob soon had provided the little guy with a resting place on the hem of his sweatshirt and walked around with him for a good 1/2 hour like that. I'm not sure if Jacob's hands are like that to keep them away from the praying mantis or in an attempt to BE a praying mantis himself...but it's a nice effect either way :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Was Jake able to beat Amber off his praying mantis? What cute pictures...from reticent to radiant...all on account of one little insect!!! Nana Barb

Rita said...

What a cutie. Every time I look at Jacob I think about how much we love our youngest little guys. They are great, huh?!

I'm with you on the OTHER parent needing to do the insect thing, although I did once aid in a grasshopper trapping. I screamed the whole time.

Kristen said...

Look at that sweet face! What a handsome little guy.

amber said...

cute picture :)