Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Slip 'N' Slide/Kid Bowling

For our Family Home Evening activity last night we broke out the new Slip 'n' Slide! Freezing cold hose water and flinging oneself across a lumpy back lawn covered with a thin sheet of plastic was never so fun! Not that I tried it myself...but it sure looked like fun!

Amber opted to watch all the fun with Brad and I (smart girl!), but the other kids got totally into it. Even poor Haley, who really couldn't do much because of her knee, got into the spirit of things by posing for a fake sliding picture (looks pretty good, huh?!)
Lyssie and Danny liked it a lot and got pretty good at it, but Jacob had a hard time figuring it out at first. He ended up asking Brad for help in sliding, which basically involved Brad chucking Jacob down the Slip 'n' Slide...as if he were bowling and Jacob were his ball.

This made me cringe! But Jacob totally loved it. He kept having Brad do it again and again (lots of cringing on my part) and then Danny wanted in on the action. I'm sure all this was very good for Brad's bad back. And yes, we do realize that Danny needs a swim suit with a draw string.

5 comments:

lisa said...

I'm so impressed with haley's fake-slide picture! It looks so real!

Jim said...

Nana Jo really wants to do this when she visits the next time. Would you drag it out for her? Actually, she didn't say she wanted to do it but I am just assuming she would enjoy it. I, on the other hand, have no interest.

amber said...

slip n slides sure have improved from when i played on them as a kid! three side by side, that looks so fun! :)

Julie Westra said...

What cute kids! How nice that you guys actually get to see the sun there - it must be so nice for you. I'm impressed that your mom wants to throw down the moves on the slide. Even more impressed that you can get your dad to post on your blog. My parents are way too retarded. I have to go on their computers and fake comments for them in order to look cool. The things I do................
Julie

Kelly said...

Ahh...the fun that comes from putting plastic and water together! That looks like a blast. My kids would love to do that.