Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Weekend They've Been Waiting For!

For Haley's birthday this year Nana Jo and Papa Jim gave her tickets to High School Musical On Tour for the weekend it came to Portland. Well, this was the weekend and let me tell you, it was a performance chock full of cheesy tween goodness! Our kids loved it...and so did the gazillion other kids in attendance!

Nana and Papa bought six tickets - four for the oldest Nielson kids (Jacob is too little to go) and two for the lucky grown ups who got to accompany them. Brad and I were secretly hoping not to be those two lucky grown ups, but Nana and Papa were "gracious" enough to insist we take the two adult tickets to the performance while they stayed home to babysit Jacob. I must admit, we ended up being pleasantly surprised. It was a cute performance and a really fun afternoon! There was no photography allowed (I know that's a huge disappointment to all you closet High School Musical fans who were itching to see pictures) but here is one of the kids at the cool fountain across the street from Keller Auditorium.

4 comments:

samwise_2 said...

Okay I really am jealous! Cheesy tween goodness is my favorite! Dang, I wish you could have taken pictures, that would be cool to see!

lisa said...

wow, between this and miley cyrus, you're going to have the summer of every tween-girl's dreams!

Kadie said...

It looks like you've been busy lately! I'm glad you guys had fun afterall! I thought the movie was cheesy too. :)

amber said...

i must admit, i am also jealous. i would love to go to that concert! i'm a disney lover.