Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Time to Face Reality

Why, after almost 13 years of parenthood, do we continue to think that there is a chance we can contain the stomach flu before it spreads to each of our kids?! In almost every other life situation Brad and I are very realistic people. Yet every single time one of our kids has had the stomach flu (and I'm talking dozens of times over the years) we hurry and quarantine that child and go to great lengths (Lysol, etc.) to try and make sure the other kids do not get it. WHY DO WE DO THIS? The other kids always get it. Every few days another kid starts throwing up! We actually end up prolonging the flu's stay in our home because we refuse to let go of our dream - the dream that we can, in fact, contain the stomach flu. Next time we are going to put all the kids in the same room with the vomit-er, make them share a single drink and breathe in each others' faces! Then we can just get it over with in a couple of days!

6 comments:

Misty said...

I'm still in denial, apparently. Christian has been quarantined all day. :{

Jamie and Mike said...

So funny....only because been there...done that. Time after time after time.

Jamie and Mike said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read your bball comment. SOOO funny...brought back many good memories....and many more hilarious ones! ps...I gave my sister Lisa's email so hopefully she'll hear from her soon.

Cary said...

Oh, the things I get to look forward too. :) Love the blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy and Brad,
This is so cute - thanks for inviting us in! Fortunately we don't get the stomach flu very often. In our house it's more like strep throat and snotty nose, but we do the same thing! I love to see the pictures of your kids. Everybody is so big and we haven't even met them! We may have missed our little window of opportunity to see you, living so close here to Washington and Canada. Aaron just got his assignment and we're moving to Chicago. We won't go until school is out. Although we love it here and will miss everyone and everything, we're excited to see Chicagoland. I know you never made it to Great Falls, but if you're ever wanting to see Chicago, come stay with us and we'll go see Oprah. I'm serious.
Love,
Carol Ann
P.S. Is that Cary as in Cary Platzke?!!

Kadie said...

Amy! Thanks for sending me a link to your blog. Your kids have gotten so much older, I barely recognize them anymore! I miss you and I'll be checking on your blog often!

Kadie Andreasen